1. Show your school spirit on Friday, May 27th and wear purple! This is our final school spirit color day for the SOL testing weeks.
2. Monday, May 30th is Memorial Day holiday with no school.
3. On Thursday, June 2nd, the PTA will hold its final meeting of the school year at 6:30 p.m. in the library. Before the meeting, at 5:30 p.m., the JWES PTA will host a reception to welcome the new JWES principal, Mrs. Karen Ridder. All parents are welcome to attend! Child care will be provided for school-age children during the meeting.
4. Attention parents of students in grades 3-5: If your child happens to just miss the mark of passing on one or more of their SOL tests, and scores a 375-399, your child's teacher will be calling you and offering you the opportunity for your child to take a "retake" of a different form of the test to give them another chance to pass. You will then receive a letter with a form to sign giving us permission to administer the test the week after Memorial Day. It is totally up to the parent, but we encourage you to consider it. About 50% of the students at JWES who took retakes last year passed on their second attempt.
5. Also- looking ahead towards the end of the year at JWES:
*The last four days of school, June 6-9 will all be early dismissals at 1:00 p.m.
*Our end of year field days are just around the corner! Monday, June 6th will be PreK-2 from 9:00-11:00, and 3-5 will have their's on Tuesday, June 7th from 9:00-11:00. We need lots of volunteers to make the days successful. Please go to the following link to sign up: http://goo.gl/forms/Csf9ENxQFR
*Our 5th Grade Farewell ceremony and reception will be held on Wednesday, June 8th at 7:00 p.m.
*On the last morning of school, June 9th, we will hold our annual recognition assembly for students in grades 3-5 at 9:00 a.m. More information will be forthcoming about the types of awards and certificates that will be presented at the assembly.