1. Please remember that students can eat breakfast here at school. Full pay breakfast is $1.25. Students who qualify for reduced price meals pay .40, and there is no cost for students who receive free meals. This year we are offering a "grab and go" bagged breakfast in the hallway after students get off the bus for students in grades 3-5. We encourage you to consider starting your day off well with a breakfast here at JWE.
2. If you are missing a coat or another item of clothing, please check the lost and found closets in the front hall by December 17th. After that, we will be donating the clothing to a local clothes closet to help out people in need in our community.
3. Please consider donating can tabs to help out the Ronald McDonald House in Charlottesville. This helps pay the electric bill and buy supplies for the people who stay there when they have a family member in the hospital. There is a collection can on the front table in the front foyer of the school, or you can give them directly to Debbie McNett in the office.
4. Next Thursday evening, December 10th, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. we will hold our JWE PTA "Holiday Hop." This is a fun event for the whole family. Child-friendly music is played for dancing, and there are refreshments for students served in the cafeteria. Children should be accompanied by their parent or an adult chaperone (not dropped off). The gym will be decorated for this festive occasion. Please join us!
5. Interim reports of student progress are being sent home today with students in grades 1-5.
6. Please remember that students may be dropped off in the morning as early as 7:45 a.m. Students are counted as tardy if they arrive after 8:20 a.m. The drop-off loop line is much shorter between 7:45 and 8:00 a.m.!