A few items for this week:
1. First of all, we had an amazing day here at JWES today for our PTA Fun Run, raising money for our new playground. In my 12 years as principal here, I don't know if I can remember a day that had more school spirit, or a day when the children had as much fun for a good cause. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to make today such a success! We should have some preliminary figures to share from the PTA early next week. Pledge forms will be returned with students on Monday along with envelopes for the money to be collected and turned in.
2. This coming Monday, October 12th, "retakes" will be made for our fall pictures of any student who was absent on the first Fall picture day (9/11/15), or for any child whose parent has requested that a retake be made. If you haven't done so, and if you would like one to be taken, just send a note in on Monday, or call the school office on Monday morning by 9:00 a.m. at 828-6081.
3. This coming Thursday, October 15th, at 6:30 p.m., we hold our Parent Advisory Committee ("PAC") meeting for this month. Our guest presenter will be Mr. Alvin Estep, RCPS Director of Transportation. He will share about the routing for the buses, and will answer any questions parents may have about the RCPS transportation system. Please join us! Child care for school-age children is provided in the computer lab.
4. A few upcoming calendar items:
*The end of the first 9-weeks will be Thursday, October 22nd, and there will be a 1:00 dismissal that day so that teachers may be involved in professional development meetings.
*Friday, October 23rd is a teacher workday with no school for students so that teachers may work on report cards.
*Report cards will be sent home on Friday, October 30th.
5. Don't forget there is a parent calendar on the JWES website! (it is a choice under the parent tab)